Thursday, 12 October 2017

Pootles Design Team Challenge, Week 2, Brightly Lit Christmas

I was very happy to be chosen to take part in the 'October 2017 Pootles Design Team Challenge'. The team have to design four projects using stamps from the Brightly Lit Christmas stamp set, one for every week of the month. Last week I showed you a pretty little box (and followed that up with another version). This week I have a Christmas card using the street lamp complete with a banner and some fun in the form of a naive snowman.



I stamped the lamp onto the black card with Versamark then sprinkled silver powder before using my heat gun then stamped it again, this time onto white card and again heat embossed it with silver. I painted in the 'glass' with So Saffron ink using an Aqua Painter before fussy cutting the lamp top and glueing it over the original. It would have been so much easier if I had had the co-ordinating thinlits.

Then I created some snow and a snowman using white card roughly cut into a snowman sitting in snow, stamping it with Whisper White ink using a sponge dauber and quickly sprinkling white embossing powder taking care to NOT be thorough and then again using the heat tool applying a little Smokey Slate ink with a sponge dauber to give texture. Coal eyes and buttons were made by using a journaling pen and a slither of Tangerine Tango card became a nose. All that was needed to finish the snowman was a scarf from a scrap of thin ribbon.

The stars are Rhinestones and I used the ball of a glass head dressmaker pin dipped into Versamark which I again used with white embossing powder.

Thank you for reading my blog! I hope that you will come back and see the other projects that I have come up with using this stamp set and it would make my day if you would subscribe to my blog too!

Have a creative day!

Love, Linda x

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment